Arts @ Large works closely with school teams (comprised of teachers, administrators, specialists from a variety of disciplines, parents, and student representatives) to monitor a series of key elements in each Arts @ Large school that helps to determine the efficacy of programs, while examining opportunities for ongoing improvement.
The most successful programs follow these guidelines:
1. Teachers, administrators, after school providers and students team with Arts @ Large staff to collaboratively define an overarching issue, idea or concept where arts can be linked to academic content to create an exciting learning environment.
2. Arts @ Large teams identify art forms (music, visual art, theatre, dance, literary arts) that connect to and can enhance teaching the selected topic or concept.
3. Teams seek out, interview and invite artist educators, community service organizations and higher education to partner with teachers and students to create project-based, arts integrated activities.
4. Planning meetings are scheduled with participating teachers and selected partners to define goals and objectives of Arts @ Large projects.
5. Projects are implemented in a collaborative teaching model that involves both the community partners and teachers.
6. Teams design and provide ongoing assessment of Arts @ Large projects.
7. The school community celebrates the achievements of students, teachers, artist educators, parents and community partners.
This portion of the handbook covers sections 2-7
Title: Arts At Large Handbook Pt. 3- Planning a Successful Program (cont.)
Publication date 2009-02-02
Publication Year 2009
Arts @ Large
North America / United States
, this agreement
, artist educator
Resource provided by IssueLab
Share the Collection
Use this form to customize and generate the code you need to display this content in your own environment - no programming required. The feed will inherit more specific styles, like font face and font color, from your website.
Suggest a Report
Please use the form below to provide us with your recommendation, and we'll check it out. Include your name and email address along with your suggestion just in case we need to get in touch. Thank you for contacting us.