- 64 percent of districts report having an arts education policy, compared to 37 percent in 2005.
- 61 percent of districts report a board-adopted arts education plan or indicated they are developing one, compared to 35 percent in 2005.
- 39 percent of districts report having an arts coordinator, compared to 12 percent in 2005.
- 16 percent report having a 400 to 1 ratio of students to credentialed arts teachers, compared to 10 percent reporting that ratio in 2005.
- 98 percent of districts report using general fund budgets to support arts education programs (sources of arts ed budgets were not included in previous surveys).
2008 Arts Education Performance Indicators Report
Feb 11, 2009