A selection of available applied and academic research, this publication is designed as a tool that can help address the kinds of questions local government, business, and community leaders might ask about arts education. It provides concrete information on topics from student achievement and perceptions to the status of arts education.
Of the 49 reports, articles, and dissertations described in the following pages:
- Six are evaluation studies of broad-based arts programs.
- Seventeen are smaller-scale targeted studies.
- Nine present compilations, or overviews, of research.
- Twelve describe attitudes among students and parents and public opinion.
- Five highlight the status of arts education and the arts' economic impact at the local level.